Technical Sales Specialist – East Coast
Rec # 1008
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Field Based, US – East Coast
Proteomic technical sales specialist role will successfully support the regional sales managers to identify, qualify, develop, and close opportunities for the sale of instruments, consumables, and service for designated accounts in specified territories. As a technical specialist a deep understanding of the current proteomic technology and market landscape is a must. In line with Celsee’s mission, the role works independently and partners with colleagues to maximize revenue growth. Candidate will be held responsible for a quarterly/annual quota. This position requires approximately 60% travel.
- Accountable for achievement of sales quota and accurately forecasting sales to meet sales targets and objectives.
- Role will support regional new product adoption.
- Develops account plans and coordinates activities within accounts through meetings, phone, and travel.
- Spend at least 60% of their time in the field developing customer relationships and conducting sales or market developing activities.
- Maintains customer resource management database for sales forecasts, lost order, and competitor, sales call, and other critical submissions.
- Maintains competence on products, competitive products and marketplace including existing and emerging research market requirements.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to influence the assigned territory to achieve quarterly and annual business objectives.
- Sets examples for peers in the areas of personal character, commitment, organizational and selling skills, and work habits.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. Degree in Life Sciences (i.e. Biology, Genetics, Chemistry) and at least 5 years of successful field experience in sales or business development. Capital equipment experience required.
- Experience in driving adoption of platforms and technologies into translational and clinical research is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will possess existing knowledge of the territory and the major academic and industrial accounts within it. In addition: they should be a skilled negotiator, clear communicator, and successful account manager. Success will depend on demand generation through active prospecting, follow-up, and networking.
- Excellent time management, a passion to succeed, and polished presentation skills are expected.
- Deep understanding of molecular techniques including single cell and circulating tumor cells are critical.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and passport.