Field Service Engineer II – US, West Coast
Rec # 1012
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Field Based – Portland, OR / Sacramento, CA / San Fransisco, CA
Celsee is looking for a dedicated Field Service Engineer responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of our next-gen microtechnology platforms for automated label-free isolation, analysis and retrieval of single cells. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing life science company with a disruptive technology in the life science research and clinical markets. The Field Service Engineer will play a primary role in supporting all Celsee platforms and contributing to the success of new products as they are released at customer sites.
- Schedules and performs install, repair and maintenance in the field at end-user sites.
- Maintains orderly and targeted parts inventory for assigned instrumentation.
- Compliance with all Celsee documents and quality SOP’s.
- Maintain the CRM system for customer issues, complaints, installs, repairs and updates.
- Promote renewal of service contracts to regional sales team.
- Mentor, train and support other FSE team members as required.
- Communicate any product quality issues through proper channels.
- Participate in training courses and support functions across the support organization.
- Develop, edit and document Celsee product support documentation & SOP’s.
- Interface and work closely with Field Applications Scientists and regional sales team.
- Be flexible in work schedule to accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Assigned other duties as required to support Celsee Inc and Celsee Europe.
- Provide timely and accurate expense reports.
- Positively contribute to building and developing a world class support team.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in engineering/science and/or proven life science experience.
- 2 years’ experience supporting optical systems, electro-mechanical assemblies and fluidic systems.
- Proven customer support abilities, analytical skills and problem solver.
- Proven ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Proven to be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Can demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
Additional skills and attributes:
- Must live within 90 miles of an international airport.
- Must have a clean & valid US driver’s license.
- Candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Other languages desired, including Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, Swedish and German.
- Basic understanding of cell biology and scientific applications is a significant advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong team building skills.
- Up to 2 weeks initial training on the Celsee Products that includes assembly, repair and replace, presentations and independent reading.
- Learn to use SalesForce.com CRM system to support install, repair and all customer activity.
- On the job training as needed for Celsee products.
Job Performance Evaluation:
- Technical competency resolving customer issues.
- Keeping CRM database up to date with all assigned objectives. (install, break-fix, validation and FAS interface)
- Keeping within budgeted expense levels.
- Customer satisfaction based from direct feedback.
- SOP document development, helping train and develop new staff.
- Customer instrument status reporting on a weekly basis, including issues/ repairs, non- conformance, unresolved events and planning.
- Overnight travel up to 60% of the time. Including but not limited to, US and Europe.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. under 1/3 of the time.