Director of Software Quality Engineering
Rec # 1013
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Remote or Onsite, US – Michigan – Ann Arbor
We are searching for the right Director of Software Quality Engineering to develop automated testing strategies. We have code bases for both instrument control as well as next-generation sequencing data analysis. You will get the opportunity to work with other software engineers to build a full solution to both the Celsee scientists as well as our scientist customers. This position sits in the intersection of biology and computing.
You will be working in a small team environment. Multiple projects and multiple computing languages may be required. Flexible thinking is desired. Diversity of thought is encouraged.
- Develop and implement automation (regression) test strategies.
- Create automated test scripts across multiple automation frameworks.
- Keep current on quality trends and technology innovations.
- Detect software quality issues and report and track them to resolution.
- Participate in the testing of production emergency bug fixes.
- Ensure optimal product performance, scalability and availability for production environments.
- Assist in post-implementation and continual improvement efforts to enhance systems and applications.
- Identify product performance issues during new product development.
- Make detailed recommendations concerning new products, methods and technologies that will enhance test efficiencies.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or equivalent.
- Ten years’ experience in automated testing.
- Experience in test automation tools.
- Comfortable working with unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with object-oriented languages.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration methodologies.
- Experience in requirements and specifications reviews.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.