Software Test Engineer
Rec # 1024
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Onsite, US – Michigan – Ann Arbor
Plan, develop, and execute software validation of Celsee instrument software and data analysis pipelines. Work closely with software developers, product managers, and other departments to ensure delivery of high-quality software.
- Use knowledge of the system architecture to develop test plans and validate software releases.
- Work closely with software developers to understand software design and features.
- Proactively seek out information and build up the Software Test function at Celsee.
- Design and Execute manual and automated tests, and document results in Jira.
- Communicate software development/test status regularly via meetings and written reports.
- Prepare test automation for Continuous Integration builds.
- Assist in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, from Planning to Release.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years experience software testing.
- Experience working in a Agile Software Development environment.
- Ability to develop a test automation framework.
- Experienced with programming and scripting languages such as: C, Java, Python, Bash, Powershell.
- Knowledgeable with both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to learn on the job with minimal guidance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional Desired Requirements
- Experience with software testing of medical devices (IVD)
- Bioinformatics, Molecular Biology, or other relevant experience
- Experience with software build automation and Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with containerization with Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of instrument hardware devices driven by Raspberry Pi and Arch Linux
- Understanding of cloud services: AWS, GCP, Azure