Microfluidics – Engineer
Rec # 1027
Category: R&D – Technology & Systems
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Onsite, US – Michigan – Ann Arbor
Building tools to isolate cells and understand their behavior is what we do. Are you looking to push past traditional boundaries and scale your potential? We are growing and seeking talented people to help us make a difference.
Celsee, Inc., a privately held company in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is breaking through the traditional barriers of single-cell analysis and delivering clinical-grade technology designed to support the life sciences revolution and precision medicine. Based on a gentle, gravity-induced, micro-well isolation technique, the patented technology forms the foundation for a scalable and flexible single-cell analysis platform that makes more experiments feasible. Celsee’s first product, the Genesis system, enables scientists to analyze and interpret cellular behavior and collect information for improved results in applications such as proteogenomics, next-generation sequencing, immune monitoring, and cell therapy.
Celsee is seeking an experienced individual to join our innovative Microfluidics team. In this role, you will work on designing and executing microfluidic characterization experiments. The candidate should have proven success in understanding complex systems, efficiently executing experiments, perform data analysis and communicate results effectively.
- Responsible for design of fluidic and micro fluidic components and integration into the overall system architecture.
- Work closely with Systems Engineering, Assay Development and Product Development in all aspects that deal with the fluidics in new product design.
- Design and perform experiments to develop novel microfluidic consumables.
- Communicate results effectively, guiding the team through data and your observations on critical design decisions.
- Work within the Celsee development processes from concept, design, test, validation preparing products for export to contract manufacturing.
- Recommend alterations to R&D and production products and support necessary design changes to microfluidic components where approved.
Direct Reports: 2
Position reports to the Chief Technical Officer and works on all assigned tasks/projects that are within scope for the defined position.
Required Education and Experience:
Most work is performed in an indoor office, engineering lab and biochemistry wet lab environment. Minimal travel to local suppliers or consultants is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.