Systems Engineer – Manufacturing
Rec # 1030
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Onsite, US – Michigan – Ann Arbor
Building tools to isolate cells and understand their behavior is what we do. Are you looking to push past traditional boundaries and scale your potential? We are growing and seeking talented people to help us make a difference.
Celsee, Inc., a privately held company in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is breaking through the traditional barriers of single-cell analysis and delivering clinical-grade technology designed to support the life sciences revolution and precision medicine. Based on a gentle, gravity-induced, micro-well isolation technique, the patented technology forms the foundation for a scalable and flexible single-cell analysis platform that makes more experiments feasible. Celsee’s first product, the Genesis system, enables scientists to analyze and interpret cellular behavior and collect previously inaccessible information for improved results in applications such as proteogenomics, next-generation sequencing, immune monitoring, and cell therapy.
Celsee is seeking an experienced individual to join our innovative Systems Engineering team. In this role, you will work on developing and sustaining complex system and instruments. The candidate should have proven success in sustaining engineering and systems troubleshooting. With experience of preparing products for export to contract manufacturing.
- Lead sustaining activities to assure improved quality of Celsee systems and instruments.
- Work closely with Systems Design Engineers and Product Management to align the release of new instruments, software and firmware.
- Recommend alterations to development and design to improve quality of the Celsee product line and/or procedures.
- Conducted corrective action root cause investigations.
- Implement corrective actions, monitor and trend RMA actions and lead continuous process improvement activates with contract manufactures and/or vendors.
- Design test fixtures and documentation necessary to conduct verification/validation testing.
- Provide hands on testing of software/firmware production builds and report back issues in our issues tracking tool.
Position reports to the Director of Engineering and works on all assigned tasks/projects that are within scope for the defined position.
Required Education and Experience:
Most work is performed in an indoor office, engineering lab and biochemistry wet lab environment. Minimal travel to local suppliers or consultants is required.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.