Software Engineering Student Co-op (Systems Engineering)
Rec # 1032
Job Type: Full Time, Co-op
Location: Onsite, US – Michigan – Ann Arbor
Building tools to isolate cells and understand their behavior is what we do. Are you looking to push past traditional boundaries and scale your potential? We are growing and seeking talented people to help us make a difference.
Celsee, Inc., a privately held company in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is breaking through the traditional barriers of single-cell analysis and delivering clinical-grade technology designed to support the life sciences revolution and precision medicine. Based on a gentle, gravity-induced, micro-well isolation technique, the patented technology forms the foundation for a scalable and flexible single-cell analysis platform that makes more experiments feasible. Celsee’s first product, the Genesis system, enables scientists to analyze and interpret cellular behavior and collect previously inaccessible information for improved results in applications such as proteogenomics, next-generation sequencing, immune monitoring, and cell therapy.
Celsee is seeking a motivated student who has a strong interest in software development and life sciences. You will get the opportunity to:
- Work alongside a fast-paced development team.
- Help create new and powerful applications.
- Collaborate with software & firmware developers, system engineers, validation engineers, product management and customers to design and develop new applications.
- Creating tools, utilities and script development.
- Write clean, robust and maintainable code.
- Validating software quality through unit testing, writing manual test cases, executing test cases, and bug fixing.
Position reports to the Director of Engineering and works on all assigned tasks/projects that are within scope for the defined position.
Required Education and Experience:
Most work is performed in an indoor office, engineering lab and biochemistry wet lab environment.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.