Field Applications Scientist II
Rec # 1037
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Field Based – EMEA – Germany
Building tools to isolate cells and understand their behavior is what we do. Are you looking to push past traditional boundaries and scale your potential? We are growing and seeking talented people to help up make a difference.
Celsee, Inc., a privately held company in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is breaking through the traditional barriers of single-cell analysis and delivering clinical-grade technology designed to support the life sciences revolution and precision medicine. Based on a gentle, gravity-induced, micro-well isolation technique, the patented technology forms the foundation for a scalable and flexible single-cell analysis platform that makes more experiments feasible. Celsee’s first product, the Genesis system, enables scientists to analyze and interpret cellular behavior and collect information for improved results in applications such as proteogenomics, next-generation sequencing, immune monitoring, and cell therapy.
Celsee Inc. is looking for a dedicated Field Applications Scientist II responsible for supporting and training our customers and troubleshooting on our next-generation nanotechnology platform for automated label-free isolation, analysis, and retrieval of single cells and enrichment/enumeration of rare cells. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing life science company with disruptive technology in the research and clinical market space. FAS candidates will play a primary role in supporting all current and future Celsee platforms and applications and contribute to the success of new products as they are released at customer sites.
• Provides first class support to Celsee customers.
• Schedules and performs applications training at end-user sites.
• Communicates any product quality issues through proper channel.
• Interfaces and works closely with Field Service Team and Regional Sales Team.
• Compliance with all validated application documents and quality SOP’s.
• Maintain CRM for customer applications training, issues, complaints, and updates..
• Continuously update scientific & technological knowledge for support of customers, concentrating on knowing and identifying current and novel applications which would benefit the success all customers.
• Communicate effectively within a team to enhance others knowledge and disseminate information.
Direct Reports: none
Indirect Reports (number of employees): none
Position reports to Director of Field Applications EMEA and covers all assigned of Celsee applications and customer interface.
Required Education and Experience
• B.S. degree in Biological Sciences and 5+ years of experience in Life Sciences with a minimum of 2 years in field applications. Minimum of 3 years relevant lab experience.
• Preferred Masters or Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or related discipline.
• Strong customer focus.
• Highly organized and self-motivated.
• Basic understanding of single-cell isolation and applications.
• A technically competent individual who can assess customer needs and implement training and experimental approaches to ensure customer success.
• Problem-solving skills with a proven ability to overcome technical hurdles.
• Require minimal guidance on routine tasks.
• Ability to interact with customers on a level that inspires confidence and secures customer loyalty.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills.
• Must live close to an international airport.
• Travel approximately 60%, scheduled and unscheduled basis.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.