Field Service Engineer II – EMEA
Rec # 1038
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Building tools to isolate cells and understand their behavior is what we do. Are you looking to push past traditional boundaries and scale your potential? We are growing and seeking talented people to help up make a difference.
Celsee, Inc., a privately held company in Ann Arbor, Michigan, is breaking through the traditional barriers of single-cell analysis and delivering clinical-grade technology designed to support the life sciences revolution and precision medicine. Based on a gentle, gravity-induced, micro-well isolation technique, the patented technology forms the foundation for a scalable and flexible single-cell analysis platform that makes more experiments feasible. Celsee’s first product, the Genesis system, enables scientists to analyze and interpret cellular behavior and collect information for improved results in applications such as proteogenomics, next-generation sequencing, immune monitoring, and cell therapy.
Celsee Inc. is looking for a dedicated Field Service Engineer responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of our next-gen microtechnology platforms for automated label-free isolation, analysis and retrieval of single cells. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing life science company with disruptive technology in the life science research and clinical markets. The Field Service Engineer will play a primary role in supporting all Celsee platforms and contributing to the success of new products as they are released at customer sites.
• Schedule and perform installation, repair, and maintenance of products at end-user sites.
• Maintain orderly and targeted parts inventory for assigned instrumentation.
• Compliance with all Celsee documents and quality SOP’s.
• Maintain the CRM system for customer issues, complaints, installs, repairs, and updates.
• Promote renewal of service contracts to the regional sales team.
• Mentor, train and support other FSE team members as required.
• Communicate any product quality issues through proper channels.
• Participate in training courses and support functions across Europe and the USA.
• Develop, edit and document Celsee™ product support documentation & SOP.
• Interface and work closely with Field Applications Scientists and regional sales team.
• Be flexible in work schedule to accommodate unexpected work changes.
• Assigned other duties as required to support Celsee™ Europe Ltd and Celsee™ Inc.
• Provide timely and accurate expense reports.
• Positively contribute to building and developing a world-class support
• BS in engineering/science and/or proven life science experience.
• 2 years’ experience supporting optical systems, electro-mechanical assemblies, and fluidic systems.
• Proven customer support abilities, analytical skills, and problem solver.
• Proven ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
• Proven to be highly organized and self-motivated.
• Can demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
Additional Skills and Attributes
• Must live within 140km (90 miles) of an international airport.
• Must have a clean & valid European driving license.
• Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
• Fluency in other languages preferred, including Dutch, Swedish, German.
• Basic understanding of cell biology and scientific applications is a significant advantage.
• Good interpersonal skills and strong team building skills.
• Up to 2 weeks of initial training in the UK & USA on the Celsee™ Products that includes assembly, repair and replace, presentations and independent reading.
• Learn to use SalesForce.com CRM system to support install, repair and all customer activity.
• On the job training as needed for Celsee™ products.
Job Performance Evaluation
• Technical competency resolving customer issues.
• Keeping the CRM database up to date with all assigned objectives. (install, break-fix, validation and FAS interface)
• Keeping within budgeted expense levels.
• Customer satisfaction based on direct feedback.
• SOP document development, helping train and develop new staff.
• Customer instrument status reporting on a weekly basis, including issues/ repairs, non-conformance, unresolved events, and planning.
Direct Reports: none
Indirect Reports (number of employees): none
• Overnight travel up to 60% of the time. Including but not limited to, UK and Nordic countries.
• Lift up to 50 lbs./23 Kg under 1/3 of the time.
The position reports to the Director of Field Services and covers all assigned Celsee™ instrumentation and customer interface.