Field Service Engineer II – US
Rec # 1012
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Field Based, US
Celsee is looking for a dedicated Field Service Engineer II responsible for installation, maintenance and repair of our next-gen microtechnology platforms for automated label-free isolation, analysis and retrieval of single cells. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing life science company with a disruptive technology in the life science research and clinical markets. The Field Service Engineer will play a primary role in supporting all Celsee platforms and contributing to the success of new products as they are released at customer sites.
- Schedules and performs install, repair and maintenance in the field at end-user sites.
- Maintains orderly and targeted parts inventory for assigned instrumentation.
- Compliance with all Celsee documents and quality SOP’s.
- Maintain the CRM system for customer issues, complaints, installs, repairs and updates.
- Promote renewal of service contracts to regional sales team.
- Mentor, train and support other FSE team members as required.
- Communicate any product quality issues through proper channels.
- Participate in training courses and support functions across the support organization.
- Develop, edit and document Celsee product support documentation & SOP’s.
- Interface and work closely with Field Applications Scientists and regional sales team.
- Be flexible in work schedule to accommodate unexpected work changes.
- Assigned other duties as required to support Celsee Inc and Celsee Europe.
- Provide timely and accurate expense reports.
- Positively contribute to building and developing a world class support team.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS in engineering/science and/or proven life science experience.
- 2 years’ experience supporting optical systems, electro-mechanical assemblies and fluidic systems.
- Proven customer support abilities, analytical skills and problem solver.
- Proven ability to effectively work on and manage many priorities at one time.
- Proven to be highly organized and self-motivated.
- Can demonstrate excellent troubleshooting skills.
Additional skills and attributes:
- Must live within 90 miles of an international airport.
- Must have a clean & valid US driver’s license.
- Candidate must be fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Other languages desired, including Spanish, Chinese, Dutch, Swedish and German.
- Basic understanding of cell biology and scientific applications is a significant advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and strong team building skills.
- Up to 2 weeks initial training on the Celsee Products that includes assembly, repair and replace, presentations and independent reading.
- Learn to use SalesForce.com CRM system to support install, repair and all customer activity.
- On the job training as needed for Celsee products.
Job Performance Evaluation:
- Technical competency resolving customer issues.
- Keeping CRM database up to date with all assigned objectives. (install, break-fix, validation and FAS interface)
- Keeping within budgeted expense levels.
- Customer satisfaction based from direct feedback.
- SOP document development, helping train and develop new staff.
- Customer instrument status reporting on a weekly basis, including issues/ repairs, non- conformance, unresolved events and planning.
- Overnight travel up to 60% of the time. Including but not limited to, US and Europe.
- Lift up to 50 lbs. under 1/3 of the time.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit CV to email@example.com and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Celsee is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.