Director of Software Quality Engineering
Rec # 1013
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Remote or Onsite, US – Michigan – Plymouth
We are searching for the right Director of Software Quality Engineering to develop automated testing strategies. We have code bases for both instrument control as well as next-generation sequencing data analysis. You will get the opportunity to work with other software engineers to build a full solution to both the Celsee scientists as well as our scientist customers. This position sits in the intersection of biology and computing.
You will be working in a small team environment. Multiple projects and multiple computing languages may be required. Flexible thinking is desired. Diversity of thought is encouraged.
- Develop and implement automation (regression) test strategies.
- Create automated test scripts across multiple automation frameworks.
- Keep current on quality trends and technology innovations.
- Detect software quality issues and report and track them to resolution.
- Participate in the testing of production emergency bug fixes.
- Ensure optimal product performance, scalability and availability for production environments.
- Assist in post-implementation and continual improvement efforts to enhance systems and applications.
- Identify product performance issues during new product development.
- Make detailed recommendations concerning new products, methods and technologies that will enhance test efficiencies.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or equivalent.
- Ten years’ experience in automated testing.
- Experience in test automation tools.
- Comfortable working with unit testing frameworks.
- Experience with object-oriented languages.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration methodologies.
- Experience in requirements and specifications reviews.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Celsee is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.