Scientist – Cell Biology/Molecular Pathology
Rec # 1020
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Onsite, US – MI – Plymouth
Celsee Incorporated is looking for an outstanding scientist to drive development of new biological sample preparation and analysis methods. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing advanced methods or systems for analysis of tissue samples. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, applications, chemistry, microfluidics and engineering.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- As a strong technical contributor, you will drive projects for preparation and characterization of high-quality unfixed tissue sections and high-quality single cell suspensions
- You will develop quantitative assays including multicolor in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence and other molecular assays – single and multiplex. You will bring up these assays from scratch including provision of critical equipment.
- You need significant next generation sequencing (NGS) experience and are responsible for quickly learning and mastering our NGS product workflows, and becoming conversant in NGS data analysis
- You will work on cross-disciplinary teams – You will collaborate in building innovative genomics products, which includes including development, validation, and troubleshooting
- You will plan and perform systematic protocol optimization by modeling, identification of critical steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- You will follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
Required Education and Experience:
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or a similar field plus minimum >2 years postdoctoral or industry experience
- Proven ability to develop advanced methods or systems for cell or tissue analysis, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications or published patents
- High proficiency or mastery in tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and microscopy is a firm requirement
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in high-content screening, single-cell genomics, functional genomics or immunology a significant plus
- Experience working will primary cells or tissue dissociation a plus
- Experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data a significant plus
How to Apply:
For consideration, please submit CV to email@example.com and mention the job description in the subject. No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Celsee is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.