Scientist - Product Development
Celsee, Inc., is harnessing the gentle power of gravity to break down barriers in single-cell analysis. The Genesis System’s unparalleled capture and viability rates enable scientists to analyze molecular signatures from hundreds to millions of cells, uniquely allowing the process of two Slide Technologies for improved results across applications such as single-cell cytometry, single-cell proteogenomics, single-cell transcriptomics, rare-cell enumeration, and immune monitoring. This groundbreaking technology can achieve accurate biological insight by capturing more cells and provides a practical, scalable, and efficient approach to analyze rare cells. It is open and customizable to support method and application development as well as protocol optimization. Why choose to work at Celsee? Because Every Team Member Matters.
Celsee is seeking an experienced individual to join our innovative Product Development team. The Scientist reports to the Group Lead and is responsible for ensuring the successful commercialization of assigned products by designing, executing, and analyzing experimental efforts. The successful candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, in-depth knowledge of molecular biology principles and practice, transcriptomics, and tissue culture.
❯ Plans, coordinates, and monitors timely execution and completion of various experiments related to one or more research projects.
❯ Conducts work of high quality, exhibiting good experimental design, data summary, and interpretation.
❯ Prepares reports on completed work and presents that work to the Product Development team, marketing and bioinformatics.
❯ Responsible for learning to draft SOPs, user manuals, technical notes and other related technical documents with assistance from senior scientists, Group Leads, Marketing and Operations.
❯ Responsible for completing projects according to specifications and within set deadlines under guidance from Senior Scientists and Group Leads.
❯ Serves as resource to Engineering and other departments within the organization, including Product Management, Planning, QC, and Product Transfer in a particular field of specialization.
❯ May support Technical Support representatives on technical matters as needed.
Master’s degree or Ph.D. in relevant scientific discipline, with a preference for candidates with some post-doctoral experience or Bachelors of Science with a minimum of 5+ years relevant industrial experience.
As well as:
• Detailed working knowledge of modern sequencing methods, the field of genomics, and informatics.
• Demonstrated understanding of all “wet lab” elements in and around NGS and single cell technologies, including sample and target prep, amplification and sequencing biochemistries. Experience in single cell RNA Seq highly desired.
• Demonstrated proficiency in statistical experimental design and analysis is essential.
• Track record of self-motivated design, execution and analysis of experiments to meet development deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
• Previous success working within a structured product development process (PDP) highly desired.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve.
• Experience in start-up environments is a plus.
• Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
Most work is performed in an indoor office, and biochemistry wet lab environment. Minimal travel to may be required >5%.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Celsee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.