Celsee, Inc., is harnessing the gentle power of gravity to break down barriers in single-cell analysis. The Genesis System’s unparalleled capture and viability rates enable scientists to analyze molecular signatures from hundreds to millions of cells, uniquely allowing the process of two Slide Technologies for improved results across applications such as single-cell cytometry, single-cell proteogenomics, single-cell transcriptomics, rare-cell enumeration, and immune monitoring. This groundbreaking technology can achieve accurate biological insight by capturing more cells and provides a practical, scalable, and efficient approach to analyze rare cells. It is open and customizable to support method and application development as well as protocol optimization. Why choose to work at Celsee? Because Every Team Member Matters.
Celsee is seeking an experienced individual to join our innovative Product Development team. The Computational Biologist reports to the Senior Manager of Informatics and is responsible for designing, implementing, and executing computational methods for extracting maximum biological insight from single-cell transcriptomics and cytometry next generation sequencing data. In addition to being a highly proficient programmer, the successful candidate must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated track record of collaborative product development from initial idea to finished product.
❯ Identify novel approaches for Integrating and visualizing data from single cell genomics, transcriptomics, and digital cytometry experiments
❯ Develop and implement NGS data analysis tools and pipelines for inclusion in software products, from proof of concept through to prototype and scalable, robust commercial solution
❯ Effectively collaborate with Product Management, Product Development, and Software Development to identify and monitor key performance metrics, identify and satisfy customer requirements, and ensure smooth development, launch and support of products
❯ Support Sales and Technical Support representatives on technical matters as needed
A Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science, biostatistics, genomics, or related discipline, as well as
As well as:
• 5+ years of experience working with NGS data in the biotech industry
• Proficiency using R and Python for statistical analysis and data visualization
• Experience with computing on large biological datasets in a Linux environment
• Deep understanding of single cell genomics, transcriptomics and cytometry analytical approaches and current areas of activity in the field
• Working knowledge of Agile software development practices
• Working knowledge of immunology, immunosequencing and clonotyping desired
• Experience with statistical modeling and machine learning desired
• Passion for technological advancement and excitement for working in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Track record of self-motivated design, execution and analysis of experiments to meet development deadlines in a rapidly changing environment
• Previous success working within a structured product development process (PDP) highly desired
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, logical and analytical thinking, ability to multitask, work independently and on a team, and the ability to learn, troubleshoot, and problem solve
• Experience in start-up environments is a plus
• Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple, diverse projects simultaneously.
• Must be flexible, independent and self-motivated
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
*Celsee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.