Celsee, Inc. is harnessing the gentle power of gravity to break down barriers in single-cell analysis. The Genesis System’s unparalleled capture and viability rates enable scientists to analyze molecular signatures from hundreds to millions of cells, uniquely allowing the process of two Slide Technologies for improved results across applications such as single-cell cytometry, single-cell proteogenomics, single-cell transcriptomics, rare-cell enumeration, and immune monitoring. This groundbreaking technology can achieve accurate biological insight by capturing more cells and provides a practical, scalable, and efficient approach to analyze rare cells. It is open and customizable to support method and application development as well as protocol optimization. Why choose Celsee? Because Every Cell Matters.
Celsee is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our innovative multidisciplinary engineering team. In this role, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams developing consumables and system components across a wide array of applications. This position will be based at our Ann Arbor, MI campus. You will engage in all phases of new product development, including concept, architecture, documentation, design, prototype, test, supplier interfaces, and transfer to manufacturing. The candidate should have proven success in understanding complex systems, efficiently designing and executing experiments, performing data analysis and communicating results. You will be working in a small team environment. Multiple projects and multiple computing languages may be required. Flexible thinking is desired. Diversity of thought is encouraged.
❯ Support the development of new systems and novel analytics for advanced image processing applications.
❯ Develop and maintain robust, user-friendly, semi-automated instrument control and data acquisition software.
❯ Collaborate and in some cases coordinate research efforts with scientists and engineers to develop new algorithms and software for the analysis of single cell fluorescence data.
❯ Participate in project-wide reviews of development plans, requirements, architectures, detailed designs, and source code.
A Master’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering, physics, optics or related discipline; or PhD, as well as:
• 3-5 years of relevant and productive years developing systems and software related to image processing, light microscopy and/or fluorescence microscopy.
• Proven history of software development for post-acquisition analysis such as quantification, visualization, correlation, coding/scripting and other microscopy-based solutions.
• Experience with computer vision, and other advanced algorithms.
• Experience programming Python, C/C++ and GPU programming.
Most work is performed in an indoor environment using a keyboard, mouse, and computer.
Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
• Experience with ImageJ, CellProfiler and OpenCV.
• Familiarity with databases, shell scripting and a variety of mathematics such as linear algebra and differential equations.
• Experience with cell biology and microscopy applications.
• Experience developing clinically relevant products a plus.
• Knowledge and experience in biological sample preparation and handling.
• Knowledge of optical physics, optical system design, microscope design, and fluorescence microscopy.
• Understanding of development tools such as Git, Jira, etc.
• Proven history of working on a team that has successfully prepared products for design transfer to contract manufacturers.
• Demonstrated ability to accomplish goals while working across departments and teams.
The Celsee Experience includes flexible work schedules, health benefits, and the ability to work remotely.
Additional benefits include:
❯ Paid time off
❯ Health, prescription, dental and vision insurance
❯ Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
❯ Short and Long Term Disability insurance.
*Celsee, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.